Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day

Rue Anemone by Sarah
Rain, sun, cold nights, warm days, more rain and more sun.  This morning was stunning; it was warm and threatening rain.  I played it safe and wore my rain pants, which I happily didn't need.  Just as we rounded the corner and the whole lake came into view, I noticed two dark shapes in a tree right next to the path.  We halted and caught our breath when we realized that the shapes were 2 mature bald eagles perched in the tree-top.  We stood for a minute or so and then started walking towards them.  When we got right under the tree, I was looking almost straight up at the eagles, and one of them was looking straight down at me.  We were pretty curious about each other.  I was glad we took the time to stare at them, because on our return trip, they had both flown off.  I did see another happy sight along the woodland path:  the Rue Anemone is blooming.  The delicate green leaves with small pink flowers push up through the dead leaves and bob their small heads in the slightest breeze.  We almost missed their gleeful little spring welcome.   "I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."  ~Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment