Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Fog

It was an interesting morning to get outside.  There was a thick fog early in the morning, and by the time I got out, it had mostly cleared.  There was that quiet quality hanging in the air with the last of the fog.  Everything felt a bit more muted and still.  There are huge puddles on top of the lake ice, which from the shore looked like open water.  We really felt like we could almost hear the ice melting.  I saw my first house finch  yesterday on my front porch.  The black capped chickadees were perching in my spruce tops as well.  As much as I would love to provide a nesting spot, the container is next to the front door, which makes it far from idealFor the sake of the birds, I hope that they choose a more restful location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment