Thursday, March 31, 2011

Showers?

Strange, my weather program says that there are showers in Stillwater.  I just finished my walk and never felt even the smallest raindrop.  It makes me wonder about modern technology.  I am wishing for some rain to clean and green things up a bit.  We noticed as the snow recedes there is so much sand and dirt left behind.  It will be nice to have that washed clean again.  Down on the lake, the geese were their usual vocal selves, but they are still a bit shy.  Even though we walk about 100 yards away from their future nesting site, as we approached, they flew about 20 feet away from it and walked around on the ice while honking at us.  Soon, they will be used to people passing and will sound the alarm but stay put on or near their nests.  Enjoy the mild weather today.

No comments:

Post a Comment