Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday March 25, 2011

If I was feeling whiny about 19 degrees yesterday, 12 was a bit startling today.  I had my best friend on my walk with me this morning, and we had long periods of contemplative silence.  There are new birds in the area, welcome back dear robin friends, and longer bird songs.  The chickadees who chirped their "see-me" song all winter are now elaborating and adding a happy little flourish to their message.  Parts of the lake path were sheer ice, and it was a bit treacherous.  We persevered and found it to be an amazing morning.  While we were out, the sun sneaked behind some cloud cover, yet it was still so beautiful.  We watched 2 geese come in for an ice landing, joining 2 friends who were already on the ground.   A loud greeting followed.  The morning was so still that we could almost hear roots reaching, buds expanding, and all of nature stretching for spring growth and renewal.  If you can't get outside today, take a walk around the inside of your home and look outside to find some of the amazing icicles that are forming.  They are incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment