Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sunshine, beautiful sunshine

Yesterday I hit an emotional low.  I leaned heavily on my two best friends, my sister and my husband.  They were my life lines.  Today I was anxious to go on my walk.  I had a night filled with wonderful dreams and woke feeling so refreshed.  I felt as if during the night, there was a big shift in my consciousness.  I dreamed what my new reality would look like.  I wanted to contemplate this new life while being out in nature where I feel grounded and connected.
As my friend and I neared the lake, we heard a large chorus of geese.  Looking out over the lake, we saw that overnight the goose population had quadrupled, and they all had something to say today!  We took a moment just to watch them flying overhead in huge flocks and walking on the ice. 
As we picked up speed again, I was moved to tears, and I'm not a crier.  I got to thinking about how very blessed I am in my life.  I thought about how my sister and my husband were really with me in my journey yesterdayThey met me where I was and just illuminated the issues for me.  Neither tried to change anything or cheer me up, they just helped me to see and understand, on a profound level, what I was working through.  What amazing support!  I felt inspired to tell each of them in turn what their friendship and love means to me every day.  So today, make the time to tell your mentor, sponsor, sister, brother, parent, or friend how wonderful they are.  It will fill both of you with JOY!

"The life that you've been living is too small for the Blessing that is seeking to express itself by means of you."  Mary Morrissey

No comments:

Post a Comment