Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday March 23, 2011

Wow, we had a wild night last night.  We had sleety snow, thunder, and lightening!
On my morning walk I trudged through several inches of very wet snow.  I headed down to the lake path and found to my delight that I was the the first person on the path.  The only other visible prints were those of little critters.  I spied a black squirrel, a chipmunk, and the geese that have returned to stake their nesting turf.  The wind was wild, and it was blowing snow every which way.  I get such a sense of being totally alone, yet fully connected to the earth on my morning walks.  On my return loop I always stop and do a sun salutation to properly greet the day.  I pause and give thanks for whatever weather I am standing in, the beautiful lake, the clean air filling my lungs, my strong healthy body that carried me on my walk, my eyes that can take in the incredible beauty around me, my ears that can hear the woodpeckers, chickadees, and even traffic, and anything else that comes to mind.  It seems very important to me to pause and acknowledge my many blessings in this way every morning.  It brings me such joy to know that even if I can't see the sun, it is there, above the clouds, shining brilliantly as I will attempt to do today!    

No comments:

Post a Comment